Wednesday 23 February 2011

Assignment 2 - Booklet/poster

Had a major rethink on how I'm doing the poster!

I enjoy the play on words, and had thought a bit ago on something like
'Take a Bite out of Sunderland!'
for the front/poster side of the piece.

Because of this, rather than painting the 7 cultural spots, 
So, I thought I'd Bake 'em! ...

After deciding which attractions I'm going to work on, I made some templates.

I overlayed templates onto cookie dough, and baked them.


The Empire Theatre - Iced up
The with added Lights!!

Cutting out some sections of template
I cut around template over icing sheet

Put the icing sheets into position
Then outlined the building


Here I've made some stained glass windows for the National Glass Centre






The Aquatic Centre





Penshaw Monument

The Stadium of Light!



And the Winter Gardens


Finally - The Climbing Wall



Now off to put them altogether!

TA-DA! The finished poster/booklet:-

The poster side, the shape of the boundary of Sunderland, with activities iced onto map

The reverse/booklet side of the poster, this shows seven attractions, and continuing with the play on words, I've incorporated iced words on the edible theme within the description of each  attraction.


No comments:

Post a Comment